Another New Year approaches, and this time I’ve been dwelling more and more on New Year’s resolutions.
Maybe because there’s so many things I feel that I want to do in the new year that differ from what I’ve been doing in the past.
If I were to reflect on resolutions made in the past, most of them would probably consist of:
- Going to the gym, getting fit, getting in shape, eating healthy, etc.
- Spend more time on making your Youtube channel and podcasts better
- Spend time with family and friends
You know, the usual.
And while I would like to continue pushing forward with some of those old resolutions, I want to bring light to others that I am bringing to the forefront.
- I’d like to publish my first book / e-book this year. I’ve been working on a story since the end of summer, early fall that I’m about halfway completed now, and I would like to press forward and take it to the end, and then pump it up as much as I can with secondary edits and story additions or whatever is done during the second stage of the writing process for a story this long. I’ve also been thinking of tons of new story ideas, so I would like to begin new long-form written projects in 2016.
- I’ve made a lot of new friends in the past year alone, and I would like to make time for those friends. Whether they be friends from work, or friends from Nashville North, or even old friends from my hometown, I want to try and frame my schedule in a way that allows me a little more free time to be able to see friends, go out to a bar or come home for drinks, etc.
- My future on Youtube; I’m not entirely sure how to approach this, but I think I would spend more time on re-configuring the podcast. The podcast is probably my favorite Youtube activity aside from shows like BreakDown and Poor Man’s Gaming which I’ve been getting into more and more in the latter half of 2015. So I think that my focus for Youtube will continue with trying to bring back the podcast in a new way, as well as continuing focus on BreakDown and Poor Man’s Gaming.
What are your resolutions for the new year? Leave a comment below! I’d love to hear what your plans are.